The effects of plastic products on the environment are highly detrimental. It is estimated that about 10 metric tons of plastic products are washed away into the Pacific Ocean each day from Los Angeles. As plastic is non-degradable, many toxins such as bisphenol A and polystyrene are released from plastics into the ocean causing water pollution. These toxins are poisonous to marine life and disturb the natural ecosystem.
Plastic also releases many dangerous products into the soil. It seeps into and pollutes the land water. Animals and humans who drink this water are highly affected by the chemicals in it. Some animals ingest these plastic products. When this happens, these products coagulate their digestive tract and adversely affect humans who eat these animals. When a species ingest a plastic product, it gets entangled and it is very difficult for it to find food. In this way, the survival of these species becomes endangered.
Tackling plastic bottle pollution
Despite the ever increasing environmental effects of plastic pollution, only around 27% of plastic bottles are recycled.
Some of the steps that can be taken to reduce this pollution are:
- Quit utilizing bottled water –it is no more secure than faucet water and costs more than faucet water.
- Bring your own reusable basic supply packs with you when you go to the store.
- Utilize a refillable gadget for your hand cleanser and dish washing fluid; one expansive container is better than using a bundle of little ones.
- Use reusable holders rather than sandwich packs.
- Bring your own to-go cup with you to the coffeehouse.
- Download songs from the internet as opposed to purchasing CD’s.
- Say no to single serving bundling, purchase in mass and offer with your relatives and companions.
- Use silver utensils rather than plastic ones, keep a set at the workplace, and bring a set on an outing or to the shoreline
- Search out things that are not made of plastic.
- Don’t use those plastics that are not promptly recyclable.
- Don’t use plastic straws. These are among the most thrown away things by people. The alternative is to use custom made plastic straws, which are eco-friendly or you can also use plastic and metal straws. The latter are more beneficial and can be used again and again.
- You should immediately stop using gum. It is synthetically made from plastic and creates immense detrimental environmental impacts. The benefits of avoiding are twofold. You remain safe from poisonous chemicals that are released from it and you help in preventing further pollution.
Recycling plastic can often generate different useful products, including shampoo bottles, film and sheeting, traffic cones, packing and insulating materials, trash bags, carpets, kitchenware and several others. Some products for daily use that are manufactured from plastic include wallets, bags, iPad and cell phone covers, surf pack, kitchen towels, bottle openers etc.
Therefore the environmental impact of plastics can greatly be reduced through recycling and environmental conscious buying decisions.
Isotherm is manufactured from recycled plastic bottles is regarded as one of the most Eco friendly Roof insulation products on the market. A polyester base insulation that has great R-value as an Insulation giving the product one of the best thermal insulation properties for roofs. Isotherm roof insulation is a dust free polyester insulation Read more